Which means at the end of a hard day’s work, when I’m relaxing in my hotel, I like to catch up with the little things I enjoy. I respond to texts from friends, read up on what’s happening in the news or watch a show I’ve been meaning to see for ages.
Maybe even a few years ago, I wouldn’t want any of these activities disturbed, but we live in a multi-screen world. We can watch, write and check as we go along. The nature of my work means I can get a work email at any time, but that’s fine as well. I appreciate that some subscribe to the ‘no work when you’re not working’ rule, but I prefer to know when something comes up rather than worry about it. You soon learn to separate what’s urgent from what can wait.
- Career Insights: Why should work be a baby-free zone?
- Career Insights: Women in blue-collar industries won’t see much improvement in their working conditions in the wake of recent developments
- Career Insights: 90% of employees would rather skip the holiday party
- Resume Tips – Hiring managers quickly notice things
- Some of the creative resume templates to land your next interview and job offers
- Professional Creative Resume Template, CV Template, Cover Letter, US Letter and A4, MS Word: The Valeria Resume